Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Giordano's is now the official pizza of the Chicago Cubs

I've only had Giordano's Pizza maybe once or twice in my life. I obviously wasn't that impressed, because if I had liked it that much I would dine there more often.

Now that Giordano's has signed a sponsorship deal with the Cubs, I'll probably never eat there again.

Under the deal, Giordano's will be the only pizza served at Wrigley Field. It also will be the only pizza served at the Cubs' new spring training facility in Mesa, Ariz. The pizza chain will also get signage in and around the ballpark, which will surely delight the Wrigley Field traditionalists.

Have I mentioned that I really like Lou Malnati's Pizza? It's great. It's much better than Giordano's. As a matter of fact, I've decided to name Lou Malnati's the (un)official pizzeria of "The Baseball Kid." And Lou's doesn't have to pay me a dime in exchange for this endorsement.

So take that, Giordano's! Have fun at Wrigley. You aren't getting any more of my money.

2 comments:

  1. If only they'd serve the pizza goodness known as Lou's at Comiskey Park! Instead, they serve DiGiorno, which can be found in the frozen section at the local grocery store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, DiGiorno is fine as far as frozen pizza goes. I've got three of those in my freezer right now. But you would think the White Sox could do a little better than that as far as the pizza they serve at the ballpark.

      Delete