Thursday, March 7, 2019

Hysterical White Sox prediction from some guy at yardbarker.com

Check this out.

Am I reading that right? The author predicts the White Sox will go 91-71.

That would be a 29-win improvement over last season. Did this person step into an alternative universe where the Sox signed *both* Manny Machado and Bryce Harper?

Because that's what it probably would have took for me to believe that sort of improvement would be in the cards for the Sox. As we all know, the Sox signed *neither.*

Eloy Jimenez and Dylan Cease are cited as reasons for optimism. I, too, have high hopes for Jimenez and Cease, but even if that hope becomes reality, those guys are rookies. Even in the best-case scenario, I can't seem them boosting the Sox's win total by more than four or five wins.

I'm thinking 71-91 is going to be much closer to the reality, even in the weak American League Central.

Well, I guess I give the prognosticator credit for going out on a limb.

No comments:

Post a Comment