Thursday, October 1, 2020

After all that, the 2020 White Sox win nothing notable

The White Sox had a three-game lead in the American League Central with 10 games to play. The schedule down the stretch was fairly difficult: three at Cincinnati, four at Cleveland and three at home against the Cubs.

But knowing what we know now, the Sox only needed to go 3-7 in order to win the division. Of course, they went 2-8.

However, the Sox won their first game in the playoffs, and they had two chances to advance to the next round. Of course, they lost both games.

And in Game 3 on Thursday, they had a 3-0 lead in the fourth inning. They lost, 6-4, to the Oakland Athletics.

I don't even feel like going over the details of this game. The season is over, and it leaves a real sour taste in my mouth. They should have won the division. They didn't. They should have won this series with the A's. They didn't.

I'm very, very tired of listening to people tell me how great the Sox are going to be in the future. I cannot embrace this group of players until they win something of consequence. For me, this season is characterized by choking and failing.

To me, this looks like the same old stuff. When the chips are down and execution is needed, the Sox can't execute.

No comments:

Post a Comment