Thursday, February 25, 2021

A month from now, I'll be at a baseball game

The last time I attended a baseball game, it was the finale of the 2019 season, when the White Sox beat the Detroit Tigers, 5-3.

This long stretch of despair is going to end soon, whether Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker likes it or not -- and I'm sure he wouldn't.

But to hell with politicians.

My girlfriend and I are going to Florida for spring break from March 21 to 27. We're not going there for baseball, but since we're going to be there, I bought tickets to see the Toronto Blue Jays play the Tigers in a spring training matchup on March 25 at TD Ballpark in Dunedin, Fla.

Believe it or not, I've never been to a spring training game before, and I'm excited for the opportunity. 

Who knows when fans will be allowed back at Guaranteed Rate Field in Chicago? Other states -- even New York, Michigan and Massachusetts -- are starting to allow fans at sporting events.

It might be a few more months before the lockdown monarchs in charge of Illinois lift a finger, even though the COVID-19 numbers have been trending down here for weeks and weeks.

When the regular season starts, I won't mind going on the road to see the Sox, if I must. Can't wait to see live baseball again.

No comments:

Post a Comment