Monday, August 29, 2022

'Sell the Team, Sell the Team! For God's sake, Jerry Reinsdorf, Sell the Team'

The White Sox have lost nine out of 11 games. It's Aug. 29, and they are two games below .500 at 63-65 -- and they are five games behind the first-place Cleveland Guardians.

But at least fans haven't lost their sense of humor, sneaking a "Sell the team" sign into Guaranteed Rate Field on Saturday night.

Sox Machine's Greg Nix followed up by writing a song, which is sung to the tune of "Let It Be" by the Beatles.

There's no game tonight, so here's the song, for your entertainment purposes:

When I find myself watching the White Sox, Steve and Jason on TV, I see a sign in left field, Sell the Team!

Now the home team's Hall of Famer has Leury batting No. 3, Please ol' Uncle Jerry, Sell the Team!

Sell the team, sell the team! Sell the team, sell the team! I hope Jerry Reinsdorf, Sells the team!

Cause all the brokenhearted Sox fans living in the world agree, There's only one answer, Sell the Team!

For though the whole front office has earned the ax as much as thee, Jerry only you can, Sell the Team! 

Sell the team, sell the team! Sell the team, sell the team! I'm begging you please, Jerry, Sell the Team!

Sell the team, sell the team! Sell the team, sell the team! For God's sake, Jerry Reinsdorf, Sell the Team!

And when the season's over, will you be here in '23? I'll give you the answer, Sell the Team!

You've been ruining my summers since back when I was a teen, Now I'm in my 40s, Sell the Team!

Sell the team, sell the team! Sell the team, sell the team! I wish that I could make you, Sell the Team!

Woooooooooooooooooooooo!

Sell the team, sell the team! Sell the team, sell the team! How else can I say it? Sell the Team!

1 comment: