Wednesday, September 27, 2023

White Sox season ticket holder perk ... It's not much of a perk

I'm not impressed by the so-called perks the White Sox are giving their season ticket holders these days. Maybe it's because I've been a customer for 19 years, and I see the decline in quality.

One year on Fan Appreciation Day, I remember coming home with a couple of really nice Sox hats. I still own and wear both of them, in fact, and it's probably been about 10 years.

Safe to say, I will not be getting anything like that when I attend Fan Appreciation Day this coming Sunday.

The Sox on Wednesday sent out an email to season ticket holders, giving us all two vouchers for the chance to "secure two complimentary promotional items from past and current seasons."

OK, that's not necessarily bad, but look at the list of items that is available, with my reaction in parenthesis:

  • Blackhawks/White Sox hats (Might be OK, depending on how it looks)
  • NASCAR coolers (We already have nice coolers, and they don't say NASCAR on them.)
  • Moncada bobbleheads (I already have it. I was thinking of throwing mine out.)
  • Grandal bobbleheads (Are you shitting me?)
  • Eloy bobbleheads (I already have two.)
  • Dual Eloy/Luis bobbleheads (It's nice, but I already have it.)
  • Police and fire hats (Not interested.)
  • Indiana Vaughn bobbleheads (Not interested.)
  • Margaritaville bobbleheads (Don't even know what this is. Pass.)
  • Benny the Elf bobbleheads (Who?)
  • 2022 soccer jersey (This is baseball, not soccer.)
  • 2022 Hawaiian shirt (I already gave mine to charity.)

Most of this stuff is garbage. It's the sort of thing you would pay $1.50 for at a garage sale. This is supposed to be a benefit? No, it's the Sox trying to get rid of some stuff that would go in the trash anyway.

Dare I say, "Flush it," just like the rest of the 2023 season.

No comments:

Post a Comment