Friday, December 2, 2022

White Sox announce initial 2023 promotion schedule

The White Sox on Thursday announced their initial promotion schedule for 2023. You can look it over for yourself by clicking here.

Four quick thoughts: 

  1. The bobblehead days are for Eloy Jimenez (May 13) and Luis Robert (July 8). Amid rumors that a core player will be traded this offseason, perhaps as soon as next week's winter meetings, does this mean Jimenez and Robert are safe? Do you suppose baseball operations and marketing communicate about stuff like that?
  2. The Hawaiian shirts (June 10) the Sox hand out just keep getting uglier and uglier. The last two or three have ended up in my Goodwill pile. I'm pretty sure this game isn't part of my 2023 ticket plan. Just as well.
  3. I'm excited to get the 1993 American League West Division Champs crewneck (April 15). As I get older, I have more nostalgia for good Sox teams of the past. Maybe that's because the present is nothing to celebrate, but I digress. Much like the current era, the Sox of the 1990s had a different player in right field every season. However, unlike the current era, whomever the Sox signed to play right field in the '90s actually produced. Remember Ellis Burks in '93? He only played one season in Chicago, but a solid season it was.
  4. The Sox seem to have developed a fetish for creating jerseys for other sports. Get your Sox hockey jersey (April 29), your Sox basketball jersey (June 24), your Sox football jersey (Aug. 12) and your Sox soccer jersey (Sept. 2). OK, I'll admit I wouldn't mind the hockey one, as I am a big hockey fan. But the rest of this, I can take or leave.
Which Sox promotion are you most excited to stand in line for next season? 

1 comment:

  1. American West Division Champs! 2023, but I think I’ll be waiting way past that date.

    ReplyDelete