Thursday, February 23, 2023

Tim Anderson vs. the World

White Sox shortstop Tim Anderson said some stuff in a recent interview with NBC Sports Chicago's Chuck Garfien.

If you're plugged into Sox baseball, you've probably seen it all over the place already, so I won't rehash it. You can read and listen to the comments here

Here's my take on the need for more "positivity" from the fans and media:

It’s hard for me to buy a “let’s start fresh and be positive” sales pitch when I know the endemic problems in the Sox organization still exist. Players don’t get that because they come and go. As fans, we’ve been here for decades, and we’ve seen the Sox fail in predictable ways over and over.

To be honest, I don't think my attitude about the team, or thoughts on how the season is going to go, have any bearing on the outcome. Players play. Coaches coach. Reporters write. Fans cheer, or don't cheer.

I've been both right and wrong about baseball 1,000 times before. I think the Sox will be mediocre again this season, but what difference does my opinion make? Sometimes I feel that Anderson is a little too concerned with outside noise.

The Sox just need to win. Put up 95 victories, and everything will be fine, right?  


No comments:

Post a Comment