Friday, January 26, 2024

It feels like I should be doing something baseball-related this weekend

A welcome sign at SoxFest 2019.
The last weekend of January ... it used to be a highlight on the calendar, because it was SoxFest weekend.

Alas, the event isn't being held this year. It hasn't been held since 2020. COVID-19 hasn't been a valid excuse since 2021, but here we are.

I'm not a big autograph guy. In fact, I don't think I've gotten a single autograph in all the years I've attended SoxFest. But still, it's nice to gather in January with fellow Sox fans and talk baseball.

SoxFest was the only time you would ever be somewhere with a crowd of 100% Sox fans. For reasons never explained, it's gone away. And that is sorely disappointing.

Thanks for nothing, Jerry Reinsdorf.

No comments:

Post a Comment