Tuesday, January 11, 2022

ICYMI: ESPN announces Sunday Night Baseball broadcasting crew

So, here's your ESPN Sunday Night Baseball broadcasting crew: Karl Ravech, Eduardo Perez and David Cone.

I don't mind it. I might be more inclined to watch now that Alex Rodriguez is gone. I've heard Ravech do some play-by-play on the College World Series, and while he doesn't wow me, I think he'll do fine. 

I haven't heard a lot of Cone's broadcasting, but I've heard good things about his work as an analyst on the YES Network. Perez has been around, and I've never had any complaints about him.

But don't worry: ESPN hasn't quit A-Rod just yet. Rodriguez and Michael Kay will team up eight times for "Sunday Night Baseball with Kay-Rod" on ESPN2. This will be a complementary broadcast to the usual coverage on ESPN, featuring "special guests as well as fantasy baseball and predictive elements."

I must say, I'll take the Ravech-Cone-Perez booth every time over Kay and Rodriguez. There's no chance that I'll be viewing any of those eight broadcasts on ESPN2.

Is there anyone who's not a Yankees fan who's going to be interested in that? Can anyone out there tolerate A-Rod at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment